Sunday, March 13, 2022

Nuclear Winter

The reticence to project power because of fear of Russian nuclear reprisal by my favorite Conservative commentators (Bongino, Kelly) surprises me.  Maybe because I grew up in the generation before them, I am more resigned to the end of our world via nuclear destruction.  But I know that I wouldn't stand by as innocent, freedom loving people who less than two weeks ago were living peacefully are now are on the edge of annihilation.  It's probably good that I am not in charge because there would have been no build up on the Ukranian border.  THAT was the time for sanctions, not now when there is a genocide taking place.  Now is the time that WE drop a bomb on Moscow and to hell with his nuclear arsenal which probably doesn't work anyways.  In fact, I would have mobilized most of our army and marines, just to keep them sharp and get them out of "woke" classes where they learn acceptable pronouns; but my main assault would have been airforce.  I would have used drones to wipe out troops all the way into Crimea, then I would have brought in the clean-up crew.  

But instead, Putin will now own a piece of land that he will have to populate because he's killed all the civilians.  I hope he chokes on it.  And we will all be in no less danger than before with a madman still in control of Nukes.  How is that the correct decision?  

We will defend NATO but not Ukraine?  What difference is there between these two scenarios if Putin is not scared of us at all?  He will March through Poland and re-take Germany and we will all shiver and shake that he might use nuclear weapons?  That has always been a risk!  He might set them off accidentally, for Christ's Sake!  We LIVE in a world that will likely end in nuclear winter!  Some of us have been prepared all our lives for this eventuality.  I for one, am not willing to sacrifice a bunch of Orthodox Christians due to fear of nuclear reprisal.  I don't care.  We live within that world of fear and I am not willing to sacrifice entire populations because of that fear.  Sorry, Dan Bongino, Sorry Jesse Kelly, but we cannot live in fear of nuclear destruction.  MAD is supposed to allow us to make decisions free from  that fear.  If he launches nuclear missiles, Russia will no longer exist because we will destroy it, and it is my contention that we will be in a better place without Putin than with him even if we have to nuke Russia and risk being nuked ourselves.  I am not afraid.  You should not be afraid either.

You both are in places where you'll fry immediately.  We live in a place where we may survive the horrors, so I'm a little envious, but I am not scared.  If we run this world from a position of fear, we will always lose.  In fact, we may as well hand the US over to the Communists right now because with this President, we will project only fear and appeasement.  Why bother?  Just invite them in because if we are afraid now, we will be doubly afraid when he threatens Europe.  It is time to reject fear, trust in the Universe, thank God for many good years, and start acting like the Home of the Brave.



No comments:

Post a Comment